Blog moved to http://karteek.selfdabba.com

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Crash into each other

I'm really not "intelligent" enough or "experienced" enough to talk about this topic. But, I really want to talk about it just because its scaring me. Just because of what's going on around in the world, I'm losing trust in the world around me. I'm lucky enough not to experience it directly (but, I've experienced indirectly)

Well, the topic is ... Let me tell its definition first. It is a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human so-called races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior. Yeah, you got it right. Its "Racism".

The main reason behind terrorism, hatred, extremism and all other <cool> bad things is racism. It is the root for hatred, which creates an instinct of hurting others. It is the root for superiority complex, which creates a feeling they are great and every one else are below them. Which is the direct or an indirect reason for every big problem in the world.

Its such a sensitive topic that it can create problems any where and everywhere. When an American calls an Indian as a Pakistani, they call it racism. It just doesn't end there by creating an issue and getting our privilege. The same North Indian guy who was from UP don't consider abusing a Gujju as racism. The same Gujju who was abused never considers abusing a south Indian guy as racism. The same south Indian Telugu guy feels offended when he is called a Madarasi. The cycle never ends.

Every one is racist in one or other way. We just create stereotypes for each and every race. White guy is a racist so are Germans. Blacks are dangerous so are all Africans. Arabs are terrorists so we take every middle-east guy as an Arab. Indians are dark with bad English accent who eat all those spicy curries. Rich people are very bad. Poor people are cheap and dirty.

Its just not in people to call it as Individual Racism. Its in our institution itself. Britain gave knighthood to Salman Rushdie and Pakistan was angry with that and they wanted Britain to take his knighthood back. When Britain dint do that, they gave the title "Saifullah" or "Sword of Allah" to none other than Mr. Bin Laden. They gave a very good reasoning stating that "If a blasphemer can be given the title 'Sir' by the West despite the fact he's hurt the feelings of Muslims, then a mujahid who has been fighting for Islam against the Russians, Americans and British must be given the lofty title of Islam, Saifullah."

Well, when I read all these, I'm nothing but scared of the world around me. Every third person hates the fourth person. When all of us are sent by the same God to live in this world, we are not doing it but we are just crashing into each other's lives.

As I told you already, I'm really not intelligent enough or experienced enough to write all this. I might be completely wrong. Just wishing that I will atleast know that I'm wrong and if I'm correct, I wish everything will change in near future.

0 responses:

 


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

I'm not a lawyer to tell this in a perfect framed sentence. Frame it by yourself if you are so concerned.
Dont think about the content of this blog. Every byte is owned by its rightful owner.
Rest © 2006-2007 Karteek