Blog moved to http://karteek.selfdabba.com

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Jaiku is acquired by Google

Opensource collaboration suite Zimbra was acquired by Yahoo few days before. Now, Jaiku - A Twitter wannabe or a twitter killer or what ever you want to take it as, is acquired by Google.

If you don't know what's twitter and what can be done using twitter, It is a micro-blogging platform that allows users to send updates via SMS, IM or email. If you want to know what it does, there is a simple and straight forward tip posted at nexuz.

If you want to see the comparison between Jaiku and Twitter to make your choice of selection of the service, here is a very good prizefight between Jaiku and Twitter @ CNET TV.

For Google, it's count++ on mobile services as well as social networking. I started to love these 2.0 wars, let's see what's the next thing going to be sold on the market.

2 responses:

Krish Ashok said...

Damn. You shd stop using blogger and move elsewhere. Commenting is a big pain.
On the subject of Jaiku though, whats interesting is the big, bad mega combination of Orkut, Jaiku, Dodgeball, GTalk, GMail + the secret Nov 5 announcement, possibly the mother of all APIs. Facebook will have some interesting competition

K said...

If that can make you comment on my blog .. YES, I will move my blog.

Kidding, I bought couple of new domains. I will be moving my blog and I would be using Wordpress there.

Facebook became a hot favourite to developers by releasing its APIs.

Even I'm waiting for Google's answer :-)

 


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

I'm not a lawyer to tell this in a perfect framed sentence. Frame it by yourself if you are so concerned.
Dont think about the content of this blog. Every byte is owned by its rightful owner.
Rest © 2006-2007 Karteek