Blog moved to http://karteek.selfdabba.com

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Road Not Taken

The following is the poem "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost which I saw in my school days.


TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;


Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,


And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.


I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I —
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


Wondering what is so special about this poem ? The poem can be related to all our lives. All our decisions. When you are going to take some big decision, you think a lot, you take advice from your friends, relatives, seniors.

After all that, you take some decision - which is going to change atleast some smaller or bigger part of your life. You might feel that the decision which you made is not good for you or may be the choice which you didn't select was a great one. Well, there could be a chance that you can trace back and do the missed option. But, not every one could be that lucky.

I've taken many not-so-big decisions up to now - like "Further Studies" or "Job" ... Actually, I don't know whether it's big or not. But, I can certainly tell that, my decision was completely biased one. Job looked desperate for me when I was taking that decision. To be clear, Job @ My Current Employer looked like LIFE to me. But, after took that decision, life was steady for 6 months. Then, the factor which made be biased towards Job felt like nothing. I started thinking about the Road Not Taken ... but, I actually never felt that I did something wrong just coz, I'm happy with my Job even if life wasn't so happy.

Now, I've a decision to make. A road to be taken. Both roads look good to me. One road is a high-paced all-comfort all-people-want-to-go road which all usually prefer. One road is a different-yet-great scenic-country-road which I would enjoy to the core. But, here I'm not biased towards any of those roads so that I can take a faster decision like I did previously. I wish, there's a reason as strong as my previous one which would make me biased towards one of those roads.

2 responses:

Satya said...

Peom by Robert Frost is very interesting one and it very much relates to decisions in our lives.

and coming to your decision, whatever may be it, you start to make it the best and I am sure you are Karteek and you ll make it.

Anonymous said...

one is onsite...wadda &*#@ is the second one? getting married and staying back here :P

But still let me tell u something straight frm the book called my life...Grass looks greener on the path always that you never took...

So do not worry too much... With a mind that is numb just get into whatever u feel is ok...

forgot... Welcome to the club uncertainity...

How abt a toast to uncetainity...the first time any one of us would down a beer or whatever...

~U Kno Who

 


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

I'm not a lawyer to tell this in a perfect framed sentence. Frame it by yourself if you are so concerned.
Dont think about the content of this blog. Every byte is owned by its rightful owner.
Rest © 2006-2007 Karteek